6th Annual International Cuban Sandwich Festival
Stephena and Webster Pierre, self owners of the Carrollwood Café and Deli, took some time out of their busy schedules, and allowed me to ask them a couple questions about their Deli and Cuban sandwiches!
1) How long have you been at Carrollwood Café and Deli?
We have been here 18 years running and owning the deli.
2) What is the “Patch Readers’ Choice” award?
That’s one of the awards that they gave within the neighborhood, but I think it’s discontinued now. We got it for best deli.
3) What is your favorite item on your menu?
One of our signature items, our hot New York pastrami served with fresh baked Jewish rye.
4) What is your favorite thing about the Cuban Sandwich Festival?
It’s an opportunity to provide to this variety of food. Everyone has their own flare to their Cuban sandwich. For example, ours is the Deli Cuban which has pork beef, pastrami, pickles, and cheese and so on. That’s our staple.
5) What is one ingredient you can’t go without on a Cuban sandwich?
For us is our homemade bread. Our bread is baked in-house; and the bread makes or breaks any sandwich.
6) Press It/Don’t Press It
It’s a toss-up. Webster prefers it pressed, I prefer it traditional and not pressed.
Come on out to the festival in March to experience the different varieties of delicious Cuban sandwiches!